Mat-Su Real Estate Deals
I did the deals of the week a little differently this week. I talked to a bunch of realtors and asked which property are they surprised isn’t sold already.
Here they are:
- 2980 S Aimee’s Circle for $290,000, Brand New and lots of upgrades. Listed with Ray Wood, Prudential Vista Real Estate.
- 4500 S McKechnie Loop, $180,000 for a Duplex, Listed with Larry Ficek RE/MAX
- 2634 W Stable Circle, $258,000, Listed with Dave Johnson, Fishhook Realty.
- 11727 Knik-Goose Bay Road. $750,000, Listed with Jo Sonerholm, Prudential Vista
- 4901 E Fairview Loop, $175,000 with a shop, Listed with Kevin Crozier, RE/MAX
- 8571 E Queensboro, $325,000 3460 sq ft home, Listed with Marty Van Diest…that’s me!
- 5155 N Kipling, $250,000, 1625 Brand New Ranch in Hart Lake. I get two…
These are all very good houses for the price. Obviously they don’t fit every buyer, but they are priced right for the property. Check them out. If you are interested but still think the price is high, these are serious sellers, make an offer.
Call me at 907 232–7900 to look at any of them.
I’m not surprised the 4901 East Fairview Loop house hasn’t sold. My husband and I asked for a showing of the home earlier this year, and it was the most uncomfortable experience I’ve ever had in searching for homes here in Alaska.
When we got there, several young people (apparently living in the home) were still there and had not left the home for our showing. There were at least 5 teenagers-to-early-20somethings lounging around the house, most of who were watching television (Family Guy or one of those shows). They just made us feel really awkward, and we felt that we could not sufficiently inspect the home with our realtor or even discuss the house’s qualities since one of them was always within earshot. We couldn’t even look at half of the bedrooms because there were people laying on their beds watching TV.
We ended up leaving really quickly because we were thoroughly uncomfortable. Not to mention, the house was extremely dirty and messy. We felt the owner obviously didn’t really want to sell the house if he would not even make an effort to make the house presentable for showings, or even ask the residents to leave the house so that prospective buyers could adequately be shown the house.
We didn’t really enjoy or appreciate being put in such an awkward position, and the owner shouldn’t have made us endure that if he really wanted to sell the house, especially for $175,000!! We had been very interested in the house, but ruled it out as soon as we set foot in that filthy mess and encountered all those people. The only reason we didn’t leave immediately was because the realtor had already taken her shoes off before stepping on the carpet. But it was a very negative experience for us, and I wouldn’t be surprised if other people have had the same experience. That would be why that house is not selling at all. The owner obviously doesn’t want to sell it, period.
Sarah- Thanks for the feedback. You are 95% correct ( the house has been reported as dirty , the kids have been an inconvenience and have made some buyers uncomfortable ). However, the other 5%, although a small percentage, is that the seller does want the home sold. There are personal issues I am not at liberty to discuss related to present condition of the home but he ( the owner ) has left the home on the market all this time hoping for the right buyer. The right buyer is one that can see past the clutter and dirty dishes and dirty floors, etc., to see a home with potential, large garage on an unrestricted lot close to the Parks Highway that offers commercial potential. $2,000 and the home would be very , very clean; not remodeled just clean. Agreed, this concept will not work for the majority of buyers, but at the same time “opportunity is in the eye of the beholder”. Thank you again for your candid feedback. Sincerely, Kevin
Kevin, thanks so much for responding. It was kind of frustrating not being able to really see the house or discuss it while we were there. I see that the house has a pending sale so I hope it works out for the owner with his circumstances.
Sarah, thanks for your note too. I have another “similar property” / “similar circumstances” in Wasilla. Aren’t I fortunate. Looking for a house you can clean and fix? 🙂